Looking for something?

Custom Search

Oh Did He Now?

1/12/2009 05:16:00 PM Posted In , 0 Comments »
So Obama has decided to allow New Hampshire Episcopal Bishop V. Gene Robinson to deliver the invocation of the inaugural week. This event is sure shaping up to be a colorful array of faces. Being that Robinson is the first openly gay ordained priest, and Rick Warren is an open bigot, both should make for interesting discussion. I have to ask myself whether or not this decision was made just to calm the outrage over Obama's choice of Rick Warren to give the invocation on Inauguration Day. I dont know about anyone else, but this does not calm that outrage over for me. I know he is all about coming together and reaching consensus and listening to everyone's opinions but some shouldnt be heard. Especially in social settings such as an inauguration. However, I guess i shouldnt be so hard. We all have opinions. No matter how hate filled yours or mine may be, they are still valid. Valid to be heard that is.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger